This was an ongoing social media project for one of the top high school marching bands in Minnesota who was looking to improve their overall social online presence when they were tapped to march in the 125th Rose Parade to help boost incoming donations and monetary sponsorship. When I began this project, the band had very little social presence (under 200 facebook page likes, no twitter or Google+)
For the period of my tenure (2012-2015), I was responsible for
- More active posting and promotion of the band’s Facebook presence, growing the page likes from under 200 to just over 3000
- Set up and build the band’s twitter and google+ profiles
- Set up both a current and alumni parent network to share tips, tricks and information as the band continues to increase its national presence
- Partner with other parent volunteers to cross-brand and cross promote the marching band’s activities, events, competitions, and appearances
- Onboarded the new Social Media Coordinator, June 2015
- Manage and execute social strategy for the 2016 reveal and press conference of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Announcement. It was this event that saw the highest single post reach in the band’s history (51,116) and an overall high of all of the week’s posts of 82,842.
The posts to the RHSMB’s social media profiles showcase the excellence that is strived for by each of the students and instructors.